- About Us
- Success Stories
- Investor Relations
Computer And Technologies Group (Computer And Technologies Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries, hereinafter referred to as “the Group”, “we”, "us" and "our") values the privacy of your personal data and this statement (hereinafter referred to as “the Statement”), pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong), explains our policies and practices of handling your personal data when you visit our websites, including but not limited to ctil.com, iplresearch.com, vitova.com, chainstoreplus.com and ge-ts.com.hk.
Collection of Personal Data
When you interact with us through our websites, we may collect the following types of data about you:
- personal particulars, such as your name, company name, business title, address, telephone number and email address, when you subscribe our newsletter, submit an inquiry to us, request our promotional collateral, or respond to our marketing surveys or promotional offers;
- content of your communication with us, for example, requesting a demo session or reporting a problem;
- content of your response to our marketing surveys and promotional offers;
- information as referred to in the paragraphs below under ‘Cookies’.
The provision of personal data is mandatory for some of the services mentioned above. If you fail to supply such personal data, we may be unable to deliver your request services.
Use of Personal Data
We may collect and use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- facilitating case checking and follow-up communication regarding your inquiries;
- arranging process of your registrations, e.g. marketing events and promotional offers;
- marketing products and services provided by the Group;
- sharing news of the Group and relevant market information and analysis with you;
- complying with laws, regulations or codes of practice in or outside Hong Kong;
- other purposes otherwise expressly agreed between the Group and you.
In compliance with applicable laws, we may provide you with direct marketing content via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication. If you choose not to receive such content, we will stop doing so by your request through any means of communication.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We shall have the right to hold your personal data confidential in accordance with the Statement but may transfer the personal data (in or outside Hong Kong) to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations;
- any government or law enforcement authority;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to any member of the Group (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers).
Where permitted by applicable laws, we may also disclose your personal data to third parties (in or outside Hong Kong) in the following situations:
- when required by any law, court order, search warrant or legally valid inquiry;
- to enforce the Group’s agreements with you;
- when requested by other government or law enforcement authorities;
- when necessary for establishing legal claims or defenses to protect our rights or properties, or our employees’ rights, properties, safety or lives;
- when necessary for verifying, contacting or raising a lawsuit against someone who intentionally interferes with our rights or properties, or our employees’ rights, properties, safety or lives;
- with your expressed consent.
We shall restrict the access of the personal data to relevant employees or agents of the Group on a “need to know” basis and provide relevant training for these employees or agents to handle the personal data properly.
Retention and Security of Personal Data
- Your personal data will be submitted through a secure connection from your browser to secure servers of the Group.
- All the personal data collected from you will be stored in the secure servers with a firewall in place, in order to prevent any unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. Data backup is performed regularly for proper data retention.
- We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data.
- We will take all practical steps to ensure that your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary, and we will comply with all the statutory and regulatory requirements of Hong Kong concerning the retention of the personal data.
- If you terminate any existing relationship with us, we will cease processing your personal data as soon as practicable, while we may keep your data, no longer than necessary, for purposes of fulfilling law and compliance requirements or supporting possible legal claims and defenses, to exercise and defend our legal rights, to protect our rights or properties, or to protect our employees’ rights, properties, safety, safety or lives.
Cookies, files of unique identifiers carrying alphanumeric strings, will be stored automatically on your web browser when you access our websites, which will make use of the cookies to identify you when returning to the same websites, so as to provide more efficient browsing experience for you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can adjust your browser’s settings to block cookies in future. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
Our websites contain links to other websites that are operated by third-party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when leaving our websites and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over the personal data that you submit to, or the information you receive from, these third parties.
Change of the Statement
The Statement may be amended from time to time. You should and are recommended to access and obtain a latest version of the Statement at ctil.com to understand the way we collect and use the personal data from time to time.
Your Data Privacy Rights
By visiting our website, you should acknowledge the collection and use of your personal data by the Group as outlined in the Statement. If you do not agree with the use of your personal data as mentioned in the Statement, please do not use this website.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold the personal data of you, and access such data;
- require us to correct inaccurate data;
- ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
If you wish to exercise one of the abovementioned rights and/or raise questions or complaints, please contact us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Computer And Technologies Holdings Limited
Level 10, Cyberport 2,
100 Cyberport Road,
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of the Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Last update: December 2019